- 1 small loaf of unsliced, white and fluffy bread
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 1 small punnet of strawberries
- Icing sugar for dusting
- 2 eggs
- Nuttelex (or butter substitute)
- Almond or soy milk (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Maple syrup.
*makes four slices
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add a dash of milk (around a tablespoon), caster sugar and cinnamon. Whisk again.
- Slice fat slices of bread (around an inch thick) and husk strawberries.
- Heat a giant knob of nuttelex in a pan. Dip the bread into the mixture so its fully covered in the egg mixture and place onto the pan.
- Cook for around 3-4 minute on each side until slightly browned.
- Serve on plates, heaped with strawberries. Dust with icing sugar and drizzle with maple syrup. Yum!