- Fresh, raw prawns (1/2 kilo will make enough for 4 people)
- 1 packet of fresh linguine
- 2 lemons (1 to serve)
- A bunch of fresh oregano leaves
- 6 large garlic cloves
- Cherry or baby plum tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Add fresh pasta with a pinch of salt and a dash of olive oil.
- Chop garlic, oregano leaves and tomatoes in half or quarters. Grate around three teaspoons of lemon rind.
- Wash raw prawns and put them in a pan on medium heat with olive oil, oregano, lemon rind, tomatoes and garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Cook for 3 minutes until the tomatoes are bursting and the prawns are cooked through (they will go pink!). Don’t overcook the prawns. If you cook them right and they’re fresh, they will be so crunchy and juicy!
- Drain the pasta when it’s ready, heap with the prawns and juices and serve with a wedge of lemon and freshly ground salt and pepper.
Rosewater Meringues with Raspberry Cream
- 1 egg white to every cup of caster sugar (we used 3 of each)
- Punnet of fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon of Rosewater
- Pink food colouring
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to around 150 degrees and get some baking trays ready and lined with greaseproof paper.
- Get your electric mixer and clean a bowl you plan to use with lemon juice, using some paper towel (to get rid of any grease).
- Beat eggs with electric mixer until combined, then slowly add the sugar a tiny bit at a time. Add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of rosewater.
- The meringue mixture is ready when it creates peaks. Once it does use two spoons to scoop out dollops of the meringue onto the baking tray, sized to suit your aesthetic needs and bake for one hour (check to ensure they don’t brown).
- In the meantime, whip a punnet of cream with another a third of a cup of caster sugar until thickened. Add fresh raspberries.
- Serve once the meringues have cooled with a dollop of cream. For a really adorable finish, top with a fluffy tuft of Persian fairy floss!
Download the summer-feast-shopping-list